How to apply for passport in India
The first and one of the most important thing you need to do before planning your trip out of India is too apply for Passport if you do not have one. Passport is a document which is required to travel overseas/foreign country. Applying for Passport is no more hassle now, thanks to our Indian Government for streamlining the process.
I will help you with every small detail you need to know before applying for the Passport. Let’s discuss it step-by-step
There are two ways to apply for the passport
- Online: Go To Passport Seva Online Portal and select the option “Register Now”. Complete the process and it will guide you the further process.
- Offline: Here you have to download the e-form from the portal. Fill it and resubmit the scanned PDF on the portal.
In any of the case, you have to submit the form Online only.
What is ECR and Non-ECR (ECNR) Passport?
The most important thing you have to keep in mind while applying for the passport that you should know whether you are applying for ECR or ECNR passport.
ECR- Emigration Check Required. ECR is a type of passport you choose while applying. When you are planning to get employed in the listed foreign country, ECR check is required while emigrating.
ECNR: Emigration Check not required. ECNR is when you do not need Emigration check while leaving India.
Things nobody will tell you
Nobody will tell you that you should always apply for the passport in ECNR. So it won’t create any problem during emigration.
Documents needed for passport
Thanks to the government that the process of applying for the passport has been streamlining. It won’t take more than an hour if you reach the center on time. Below listed are the documents you have to carry along to the passport office.
- Aadhar Card: The most important document which is working as an address proof as well as Identity proof. While filling the online form, it will ask you to choose the document you want to carry for the submission.
- 10th mark sheet or passing certificate: The second essential document for applying ECNR passport is mark sheet or passing certificate of class 10th. It is the main document if you are planning to apply for ECNR passport.
*If you don’t have 10th passing certificate you can still apply for ECR passport with PAN Card.
- Keep your original documents along with the photocopy. Would suggest keeping all your id-proofs with you during the visit to the passport office.
- The procedure also includes Live Photograph. So dress up nicely.
- Be punctual and reach the Passport office on time.
- Additional chargeable services will be offered like SMS alerts and Passport cover. One can choose any or both of them.
In case you have any query write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.